Is the Bible is a book of magic?
Mickelsen in his book said that the Bible is not a book of Magic. By this, he meant that everything discussed in the bible is real and is valid from the scientific aspect.
List nine things the Mickelsen's note can be expected from conscientious study of the Bible.
Faith, Holy Spirit, Wisdom, Faith, Hope, Trust in God, Strength, eternal life and freedom.
What do five points the Mickelsen's suggest one should watch out for in Bible study?
According to Mickelsen, the five things which one should watch out for in the Bible study are following
What is the aim of the author
What is present between the lines in the scripture
What are the current facts
What is the relation between the different themes
What was the time or era when the text was written
4. T/F The Bible offers us "case studies" of how God deals with people.\
5. T/F Our preconceived ideas can influence how we interpret the Bible.
6. TF Accepting commands we like and ignoring the ones we don't is called “selective literalism.”
7. T/F The Bible gives us honest answers, not necessarily easy ones, to the complex problems of life.
8. When asking what a Bible passage means, what two questions can we ask?
What does the God want us to do and what was the motive of the God behind this.
9. T/F Understanding the history and culture of the time of writing of a passage helps us get at the meaning the first hearers/readers might have seen.
10. Sound Biblical interpretation requires us to distinguish between…..
Religious and profane believes
11. What five other important principles do the Mickelsen's note we should follow in our reading of Scripture?
Theme, symbols, Understanding the context, the culture, and traditions of the people and understanding the aim of the author.
12. The Bible derives it's authority from God who is sovereign and powerful
13. The Hebrew word "amar" means: to say or to speak
14. The Hebrew word "davar" means: Word
15. Which two Biblical passages are offered to support the statement that God action brought the Scriptures into being?
The Gospels of Mark and Luke
16. T/F Verbal inspiration refers to language inspiration.
17. T/F The "how" of inspiration is clearly stated in Scripture.
18. T/F The Old Testament, but not the New Testament, emphasizes God as Creator
19. What theme runs through the history of Israel?
Acceptance from the God
20. T/F All people respond to God the same way.
21. T/F The purposes of the writers of the Biblical books bring diversity.
22. T/F We are given the Scriptures so that we might know God.
Useful LinksFree Essays About Blog
If you have any queries please write to us
Join our mailing list
@ All Rights Reserved 2023 firstname.lastname@example.org