M5 A10 Applying Nursing Research To Practice
Nursing Research to Practice
Nursing Research to Practice
To relieve nurses in their daily work and thus maintain quality of care at a high level, even with increasing cost pressure. Together with various partners, an intelligent nursing trolley in the project that autonomously navigates in inpatient care facilities and automatically documents the used nursing materials. The development was preceded by a comprehensive need analysis with future user groups.
It is well known that demographic change is affecting the care sector. The job is physically and mentally demanding, which affects the sick leave. Older nurses in particular often struggle with the physical strain and retire prematurely from work, although they do not really want it.
Steps to implement change
At least as important would be a time relief of the staff to improve the quality of care in the form of more time for the individual patient or resident. ) (Allen & Hughes, 2017).
1)Instruction: Forced to promote change by means of instructions;
2) Reward and Punishment: reward behavior that is consistent with change, or punish non-conformance;
3) Persuasion: Convince leadership to support change by informing employees about the benefits that change can bring;
4) Teaching: By providing more information, let employees understand the reasons for change and convince employees to support change;
5) Role change: employees adapt to change by repositioning their roles and responsibilities; (Masters, 2018).
6) Participation of opinion leaders: Invite opinion leaders among employees to participate in the planning and implementation of change, and opinion leaders are not necessarily formal leaders;
7) Cooperation: Invite opinion leaders and key employees to participate in change planning and implementation;
8) Information disclosure: Through the transparency of information, virtually all members are allowed to participate in all aspects of change. (Tappen, 2016).
Technical assistance that protects the health of the staff and makes the care more attractive again can improve this situation. In order to achieve this, developing innovative service robot technologies and integrating them into intelligent care aids that can offer just that relief (Grove, Gray & Faan, 2019). There are many different software and hardware components available that make it possible to make conventional care aids intelligent, according to user needs. This means equipping the nursing aids with technologies that, for example, enable them to autonomously navigate or detect objects and capture their environment thanks to powerful image processing.
Allen, D., & Hughes, D. (2017). Nursing and the Division of Labour in Healthcare. Macmillan
International Higher Education.
Grove, S. K., Gray, J. R., & Faan, P. R. (2019). Understanding Nursing Research: First South
Asia Edition, E-Book: Building an Evidence-Based Practice. Elsevier India.
Masters, K. (2018). Role development in professional nursing practice. Jones & Bartlett
Tappen, R. M. (2016). Advanced nursing research: From theory to practice. Jones & Bartlett
Useful LinksFree Essays About Blog
If you have any queries please write to us
Join our mailing list
@ All Rights Reserved 2023 firstname.lastname@example.org