20th May, 2019
1.) William Lloyd Garrison was:
b) A leading white abolitionist, and Editor of the Liberator
2) Who led the slave revolt in Southampton country, Virginia that killed over 50 whites
a) Nat Turner
3) What did David walker call for in his appeal...to the Colored Citizens of the World?
c) For Black people to use moral suasion owners
4.) Susan Paul:
d) Was a leading member of the Boston Female Anti-Slavery society
5) Maria Stewart
a) The first known American woman to speak to a mixed audience of men and women,
6) What were the goals of American antislavery society
B) the immediate Absolution of slavery throughout the US
7) What were the goals of the anti American slavery society
a) Lectured against slavery
9) abolionist used moral suasion:
10) What was the Underground Railroad?
d) A secret railroad that transported escaped slaves from the South to the North
11) Which of the following statements is true of the Undergr
a) It was a secret organization that did not have a central ground
12) Which of the following was abolitionist a former slave?
B) Susan Paul
13) Which of the following were Black Newspaper?
d) Frederick Douglas paper
14) who was the self anticipated in a slave that become a leading abolitionist and the editor of the abolitionist newspaper the north star?
a) Frederick Douglass
15) MANIFEST DESTINY
b) included the belief that God intended for the United States to occupy North America from Atlantic to Pacific.
16.)Which of the following was part of the Compromise of 1850?
D) All of the above
17) The Fugitive Slave Law of 1850:
a) was a part of the Compromise of 1850
18) Under the fugitive slave law of 1850:
D) it was illegal for slave-owners to use force for runways slaves
19) In response to the fugitive slave law of 1850: black in the north
C) Increasingly called for blacks to fleed to Canada
20) The Kansas-Nebraska Act
21) Who led the Raid on Harper’s Ferry?
b) John brown
22) In the 1857 Dred Scott decision, the Supreme Cons ruled that
e) All of the above
24) The American and anti slavery society
25) which of the following states joined the confederacy
26) What was the Abraham Lincoln initial aim when the civil war began in 1861
27) the black men who volunteered for the union army at the onset of civil war (April 1861)
28) Which black regiment served over a year without pay during the civil war, to protest the discriminatory and unequal wages pais to
29)The Emancipation proclamation issued by the president Lincoln on Jan 1, 1863
30) She was a Marry told Lincoln dress maker and in 1868 published ne the autobiograhy
United State of America is indeed the greatest country of the world since the recent history. The passage to the route f development was not easy and required lots of hardship, detailed planning and foresight on behalf of our ancestors. Despite our glowing history; one negative aspect for which our history is remembered is what we did to the black people in the 17th and 18th century. It spoke of the discriminatory attitude and negating the rights of others, who are equally human. Deprivation of rights to including job and education opportunities, health care and normal dealings was so biased and derogatory that it feels un-natural nowadays.
My thoughts about fair dealings with all human beings and belief upon equity of different ethnic, linguistic and racial divisions of human beings has re-affirmed dramatically. Now, I firmly believe that all human beings are the creation of God with similar capabilities. It is only the matter of circumstances, opportunities and at times the leaders which basically define how we are living our lives in the present times. Indeed, with different leaders and accurate planning, it would have been possible for the African nations to excel in the world since they are not short of resources; both natural as well as the human resource. Our history also indicates how a single great leader when stands for a cause; like Abraham Lincoln, could alter the course of the history. Good leaders indeed inspire a nation by giving them direction, focus and energy to work and act towards a common goal.
The reason to join this course was simple; to know about our history and to identify lessons which are learnt for application in current atmosphere. America of today is like a big pot with many colors and flavors however everyone is having his own identity under the overall umbrella of American culture. Any attempt to spoil it must be dealt with appropriately and long term policies should be formulated to safeguard our culture and living societal atmosphere.
Useful LinksFree Essays About Blog
If you have any queries please write to us
Join our mailing list
@ All Rights Reserved 2023 email@example.com