Case Study 2
[Name of the Writer]
[Name of the Institution]
Case Study 2
1) Based on spiritual doctrine it is required for the Internationalist after confirmation to change their names to show their changed position. Maalick name was given to DeMur which he required to use all the time. To finally change his name Maalick was stopped by the HR department to complete the paperwork after he returned to the office. He shows his concerns to Marta Ford about the questions from his coworkers who are asking about his religious beliefs. Ford told him that he need not worry about his co-workers and his name will be reflected and recognized in the record of the company. Maalick continues his normal duties and signs the correspondence with his spiritual name Maalick.
Next day when he entered in his department he observed the strange look of his coworkers. When he greeted them they were laughed, nodded their heads and walk away immediately. When he entered his office he found that his office was decorated with various parts of dolls sticking out with pins, incense containers, and witch hats. Behind his desk, the wall was having an African picture with strange symbols and letters. Maalick was surprised and he immediately called HRM Jenkins to show him about what he saw in the office today. Jenkins laughed at what he saw in office and said "Well DeMur-Or I shall say Maalick- you have some followers. As an American and having African roots, you should have predictable some lighthearted mocking about your adaptation to that weird religion of yours. Even you must admit that they do some strange things" Maalick said, "No I didn't expect this". Jenkins has realized that the Maalick is getting upset and angry over the incident he promised him that he will handle the situation. After a few months, he had noticed a series of notes present on his desk and car indicated with black magic, request for black magic, black cats and notices about vanishing of MarShawnDeMur. Maalick has noticed these incidents and ignore them that people will get tired of these jokes and they will leave it after some time. One day he haad found his office desk full with many sheets having a title "Prayer for Black Folk" and it also contains chants and next page there was a book name Mystical Practices form Negro experience. Maalick shows the whole material to the HR department head, Mr. Ford. The Trenton is under the Equal employment opportunities law. Harassment is a kind of employment discrimination that violates one or more of the following: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
2) Marta Ford, first of all, apologize for the situation Maalick is facing at the workplace and after that, she asked Maalik that who is doing all of this at Trenton. Ford immediately call the meeting with all heads of the department and discuss the problem with them and communicate the warning to stop thee messages. Maalick was glad to see that he will not find any notice or message again. Marta has to communicate strict policies of Trenton to its employees that this kind of harassment will not be acceptable in future and if anyone will find to be involved in such kind of activities he or she will be terminated from the office.
3) Trenton Communication, Inc is an employer of Equal employment opportunity. The company policies restricted any discrimination of employee or applicant based on diversity i.e. color, race, religion, etc. He was not aligned with the company policies or leadership. When Maalick was harassed he went to Jenkin and the attitude of Jenkin was not appropriate. He was laughing on Maalick for facing such kind of behavior at the workplace. He gives him a suggestion to agreed with the opinion of them who are harassing Maalick. Jenkins was the person who had conduct the interview for the position of the system manager. He selects the person who was outside from the organization for the position of system manager and don't consider Maalick for this position and do not consider the excellent record and qualification of Maalick. Jenkin appoint a person who was belonged to his church and he was not following the company policy of Equal employment opportunity
4) This is a cultural issue that Maalick faced in Trenton. Dixon was against the culture of the organization and this is not legal to do employment discrimination at workplace. An organization needs to give training to supervisor to avoid such kind of acts. According to my suggestion, Mr. Dixon should be suspended for such kind of employment discrimination at workplace because this is a failure for his as a supervisor.
5) USA Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC, 2011) shows that religious-based discrimination claims have doubled since last decade and under US Civil Right Act protected category it has risen 4 more times. This is alarming for individuals who follow the religious attire which makes them more visible and more susceptible to the workplace (Goff man, 1963). During selection and recruitment process these individuals because of their visibility are treated differently and they face performance appraisal biases, negative treatment, receive low pay and lack of opportunities for modification (Stone et al., 1992). The organization may pay a cost of this discrimination in term of low organization, high turnover and poor job performance on the behalf of specific individuals and organization also face negative publicity. In the USA, lawsuits and number of complaints show the evidence of discrimination which is gradually increasing with the passage of time and few studies have conducted on such kind of discriminations at the workplace.
Useful LinksFree Essays About Blog
If you have any queries please write to us
Join our mailing list
@ All Rights Reserved 2023 email@example.com